Calling all South Carolina employers and human resources managers! If you’re committed to military hires and learning how best to support them, please consider applying to become a Palmetto Military Employer.
We introduced the PME credentialing process in October with three certified employers, and recognized 13 more at our 1st Annual OPE Summit in February. We held a PME training event in Spartanburg this week, will head to Charleston and Florence next month, and will schedule another Midlands training event in May. New PME applications are arriving daily, and we’re excited about the potential statewide impact as employers actively partner with us to meet their military hiring goals.
Our multi-agency, statewide Employment Services Team can help:
• Promote your job openings and hiring opportunities
• Make direct referrals based on your qualifications
• Coordinate community job fairs and exclusive hiring events
• Connect you with On-the-Job Training programs, apprenticeships and workforce development
• Provide access to resources including tax credits, education benefits and other military hiring incentives
• Deliver OPE presentations for HR staff, civic groups, chamber members or others who want to tap into military talent
As official partners of OPE, employers can help educate military job seekers, too. Several HR departments have offered workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills and more! If you’d like to participate in opportunities like these, please let us know. Again–we’re excited to partner with you, and look forward to great things to come!